Project: Swiffer’s 18th Birthday Party at Midtown Loft
Swiffer turned 18 years old this year and Pinpoint Promotions was asked to help Swiffer celebrate entry into adulthood by creating a huge birthday bash event! This was the kickoff event of a yearlong celebration to help drive media impressions and social chatter for this ubiquitous cleaning brand.
The birthday party was held on the top floor of the Midtown Loft in NYC, affording views of the Empire State Building. We designed the space with the intention of providing a real-life, homey environment, where exclusive guests of the birthday party were able to see how using the Swiffer Duster, Sweeper, and WetJet makes cleaning fun, quick, and easy.
Celebrities and members of the media were invited to experience all of the Swiffer branded footprints, which included a real-life kitchen, living room, dance floor, and a central celebration stage.
The host, Kelly Williams Brown, author of Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps, brought the media guests through each of our custom footprints. She shared some quick tips on how to throw a party in style using some life hacks that make being an adult suck less. As an added bonus, Maksim Chmerkovskiy from the hit TV show “Dancing with The Stars” showed how to incorporate dancing into everyday cleaning and even created a custom dance called the Swiffer Samba.
For this prominent media event, Pinpoint Promotions was engaged to design, build, and install custom branded footprints to celebrate “Swiffer’s 18th Birthday Party.” The build-out consisted of:
- Graphics on the interior and exterior of the elevators
- Custom 20’ x 20’ fabricated build-outs for the kitchen, living room, dance area, and celebration stage area
- 20’ x 8’ and 15’ x 8’ background walls with custom graphics mounted for each footprint to give the appearance of a real-life setting
- Media walls, retractable banner stands, and table covers
- Custom branded portable stage and stage skirt
- Acrylic bar with the Swiffer logo to hold the birthday cake
- Custom freestanding dimensional display showcasing the Swiffer logo
- Giant 36” balloons with rainbow-colored tassels
- Giant 24” x 24” wrapped presents with organza bows
- 18” x 18” x 18” internally lit white acrylic platform cubes to display a custom bedazzled Swiffer
- Branded pillows and staff apparel
- And a variety of additional branding throughout the space
Share this Post